TI-Nspire Navigator NC Teacher Software – School-Managed Licenses – Minimum purchase of 5
- Allows access to the software on a fixed number of computers for specific users.
- Software can be remotely deployed from a single computer.
- License distributed to computer from a license service (i.e., server) Software license contains a “grace period” allowing software to be used at home or outside of the school network for 30 days. After this grace period expires, the computers must connect to the school’s network to continue use.
- Perpetual Licenses require an annual license extension at no additional charge.
Working in tandem through a school’s computer network and student software (sold separately), the TI-Nspire Navigator NC Teacher Software enables interactive learning by connecting up to 50 student computers (per teacher license).***
- Instant Assessment: Perform assessment to instantly gauge student understanding and adjust instruction on the spot.
- Greater Student Engagement: Students experience a higher level of participation, stay focused and take part in effective group learning.
- More Classroom Learning Time: More time for instruction when you can send documents and collect student work.
- Classroom Activities: Find activities ready for the TI-Nspire™ Navigator classroom on Math Nspired and Science Nspired.
- Enhanced Interactivity: Promote powerful interactive learning using enriched content, transferring any file between teacher and students, and presenting any application to the class with Live Presenter.
- Collaborative Activity: Use rich, relevant, whole-class activities for instruction and lively discussion.
- File Transfer: Any type of file can be transferred back and forth between teacher and students, enabling a broad range of classroom material for instruction.
- Quick Poll: Get a quick sense of class progress by receiving answers from each student.
- Screen Capture: Quickly view every student’s computer screen, regardless of the application, to compare problem-solving techniques.
- Live Presenter: Let students show their problem-solving skills from anywhere in the class, presenting any application.
- Question Capability: Assess student understanding by using a variety of question types.
- Portfolio and Auto-grading: Record and save student assignments with automatic grading of TI-Nspire documents.
- Uses the school’s network connection of 100Mbps (wired) or 802.11g or 802.11n (wireless) to connect student and teacher computers.
- Teacher computer must have TI-Nspire Navigator NC Teacher Software and student computers must have TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS Student Software (sold separately).
- TI-Nspire Navigator NC Teacher Software contains five workspaces that allow you to access content, create lessons, transfer documents, review class assignments and track student progress
These applications use your existing network infrastructure. Communications between the teacher computer and the student computer is established through a Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) connection.
- The teacher computer broadcasts the current class name through the network using Multicast. This process registers the class as a service on the network. You must enable Multicast to broadcast available classes. If Multicast cannot be enabled, you can add preferred hosts to a preferences file on the student computers.
- The student computer uses DNS Service Discovery to connect to the teacher computer and find the class. When the student logs into the class, the application residing on the student computer requests files or sends files for the class.
- For students connecting through a wireless network, the network must be a 1-to-1-ready network.
- Since a maximum of 50 students can connect to a teacher computer, a wired connection to the network may require a bigger network pipe to handle multiple requests if you are using an older wireless infrastructure.
- By default, the communication between TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Teacher Software and TI-Nspire™ Student Software uses a secure HTTPS connection through the application main port 42124. Basic authentication is performed on all communications such as sending and collecting files.
- Live Presenter requires a password to authenticate communication. The system sets the Live Presenter feature password to a unique value known only to the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ NC Teacher Software and TI-Nspire™ or TI-Nspire™ CAS Student Software. The password is valid for only the current class session. The Live Presenter VNC starts by default through port 42125.
***This does not include the student software nor the computer/computer network needed for the Npire Navigator NC System. This is the teacher software only. Please contact us if there are any questions.